Court still awaiting reevaluation of alleged cutlass attacker diagnosed with mental illness

– Advertising –

By Latrishka Thomas

[email protected]

It’s been three months since a psychiatric reassessment was ordered for a schizophrenic man who allegedly hacked two children and a woman with a cutlass.

And when the man – who has also been diagnosed with a substance use disorder – appeared in the High Court yesterday, the court heard the prosecution had still not received the report.

Jared Robinson allegedly attacked an eight-year-old girl and her mother, Tanisha Gregory, along with her 14-year-old cousin, in April 2020.

Robinson, who was 31 at the time of the alleged incident, was arrested and charged with bodily injury with intent to murder, willful injury and malicious damage.

But the Swetes resident has yet to respond to the charges as the court awaits an update on his mental health.

In a report dated March 31, 2022, psychiatrist Griffin Benjamin said Robinson was unfit to enter a plea and instead recommended that he take multiple forms of medication.

However, Robinson told Judge Colin Williams that he would not take any medication other than marijuana.

Yesterday the now 33-year-old, who admitted he had been using drugs since he was 16, argued he didn’t need any medication other than his own ‘cure “.

Robinson was then asked to return to court on October 14 for the results of his second psychiatric evaluation.

– Advertising –

Comments are closed.